Cory Fenn found guilty in Ajax triple homicide


Published February 10, 2022 at 3:50 pm

Cory Fenn has been found guilty of three counts of second-degree murder for the killings of his ex-girlfriend Krassimira Pejcinovski, her son Roy, and her daughter Venellia.

Fenn had plead not guilty to the killings claiming he was in a “cocaine psychosis” at the time and could not be held responsible for his actions. Justice Howard Leibowich disagreed and found in his decision Fenn had intended to kill all three.

Krassimira, 39, and her son Roy, 15, were found dead in their Hilling Drive home in Ajax on March 14, 2018. Venellia, 13, was found alive but gravely injured. She died in hospital later that night.

The Crown asserted at trial that Fenn had killed the three in a rage after Krassimira broke up with him.

Krassimira’s eldest daughter Victoria, then 16, who was with her father at the time of the killings, testified the pair had a fraught relationship and frequently argued.

After finding cocaine on the stove, Victoria said she confronted her mother and demanded Krassimira break up with Fenn, to which she agreed.

Krassimira was later found badly beaten with numerous fractures and extensive bruising. Fenn attempted to strangle her, but when she kept breathing he stabbed her to death.

“The knife was after. I just strangled her in the garage,” Fenn later confessed to police, a comment that proved a sticking point in proceedings until Leibovich ruled the statement admissible.

The morning after Victoria had grown concerned when Krassimira didn’t pick her up and called Venellia to check on their mother. Fenn attacked Venellia around this time stabbing her and shoving her under a bed.

Roy, an aspiring hockey player, was later found strangled in the home.

Krassimira’s boss, Sherry Robinson, also started to grow worried when Krassimira didn’t show up to work and went to Hilling Drive to check in, where she encountered Fenn. Robinson testified she saw blood on Fenn and called the police after leaving.

Fenn fled the house after Robinson’s check-in. After a brief manhunt, he was found hiding out in an Oshawa shed. He was arrested after a struggle, during which he was tased.

Just before his trial was set to begin Fenn fired his lawyer and elected to represent himself. While he argued he was not in control of his actions due to a “cocaine psychosis.” Fenn said he didn’t have a brain at the time of the killings.

He would later tell the court he was a “sovereign king.”

“Vicious and brutal are some of the descriptors I can use to describe the attacks,” said Leibowich in reading his description saying later, “Mr. Fenn had the state of mind that when his initial method was not accomplishing his goal, he went to get a knife to finish the job.”

Fenn is looking at a life sentence. The number of years until he can apply for parole will be decided in a hearing in March.


With files from the Canadian Press.

indurham's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising